Friday, July 16, 2010

egg carton swap

I participated in a fun swap hosted by sweet Sandy. The idea was to decorate and fill an egg carton...isn't that fun?

My swap partner is Sheila and we had the best time making these egg cartons for each other!

Want to see what I sent her?


I decoupaged the top with book pages and vintage wallpaper, added some flowers and a velvet bow and then I sugarcoated it with glitter.

The pictures I took showing the inside, with everything tucked in, didn't turn out. But here are some of the things I included...

These little chicks from Jennifer Murphy's line of reproductions (now retired) are so cute...
I just fixed them up a bit with new hats. 


This is a simple little thing but I really like it. I just kept winding baker's twine until I made a fat little ball...it looked so cute nestled in the egg cup of the carton!

I made this little spool for her too. You can see more of what I sent on Sheila's blog.

Now do you want to see how lucky I am? Here's what I got from Sheila...

 Isn't it so happy?

Filled to the brim with fun trimmings and things...


My favorite is this sundae filled with lip gloss...cute!

and flowers...

and fun trim...

and a sea of buttons and jewels!

What a wonderful gift. Lucky me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea! I almost never hear about these kind of sweet swaps :(

What a delight it is to open such sweet treasures :)

Jennifer said...

SO FUN!!! The other day I was throwing out an egg carton and I thought "I should save this because I bet there's something I could use it for". But I threw it out because I don't want to be a hoarder like on A&E. LOL!

I'm saving em from now on! Both of them are soooo pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun swap!!! Love seeing what you gave one another!

Honey Lamb and I said...

That is such a clever swap! I hate I missed out on it an love what you gave and got:) ~Shelley O.

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a fun swap! So many fun little goodies and trims to use on future projects.

Stevie said...

What fabulous boxes!!! The chicks are soo cute.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked your carton. You two did a fabulous job!!

Sandy xox

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

I so want to do this!