Thursday, July 22, 2010

done!

I had so much fun making these!

The book that these are from means so much to us. I remember those first weeks when Alfredo first came to us this book and its companion, Lovey Dovey, were his favorites. He would examine each picture so carefully, pointing out the same details each time. Watching him interact with these books was my first peek into what an incredibly special boy he is. 

So when I saw on Mary Engelbreit's blog that she had a pattern for them in her new book, I couldn't wait to get started. 

And I added one more to make it even more special to us...

I think it looks just like him at about 18 months. 

I have a couple more stitching projects up my sleeve, both courtesy of Charlotte. In fact, as I was working on finishing up these, Alfredo said "But where's my turtle?"

Speaking of Alfredo, would you like to take a peek into our life this morning...

He is so proud of these dinosaurs (from the dollar spot at Michael's).

The Parasaurolophus (which he pronounces better than anyone without hesitation) is his very favorite dinosaur.


And just so that you can appreciate how hard it can be to take pictures of stuff to show you...




p.s. Today's the last day to try for the beautiful quilt Crystal made...and maybe it's your lucky day...so click here and buy a net.

10 comments:

Piper said...

So cute! Everything in life is more special when it connects to something else:)

Pamela Jane said...

Your "baby" looks just like Alfredo!! So cute! He must have an entire population of dinosaurs by now. :)

Anonymous said...

Question Amy...I love the embroidered squares you did. So cute! What are you going to do with them? Hang them? I thought it would be cute to make a soft baby throw for my sister who is pregnant and send with a copy of the book!

Regards.
Kimhydrat

Thimbleanna said...

That little baby is awesome. I just love your embroidery!!!

Kateyed said...

Soooo cute. I love them (I have to admit, I was afraid they would get dirty when i saw Alfredo play with them...how cool of you!)

The square really does look like him...and speaking of him, he is growing up into an adorable little boy. Smart, too.You must be so proud of him.

Love you,
Suz

Julie said...

Your finished squares are absolutely darling! I so want to learn the technique for coloring them in--love that!...And the baby---perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope she does the "Lovey Dovey" book too! I would definitly have to stitch the Lovey Dovey page don't 'cha think?
Lovey

HereWeGoAJen said...

Those are fabulous! I am very impressed!

Also, side note, but where did you get that rug? I have been looking for something just like that!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, Amy. I am absolutely dying over your house pillow. Can you please tell me more about it?

StephanieV said...

I just want you to know, your posts about your inspired crafts, and especially about Alfredo, bring great joy to my life--always. When I read my Google Reader, Inspire Co never fails to be a bright spot. Right now we are nursing a pet through an illness where there is a good chance he will not make it. And seeing your colorful crafts and Alfredo's beautiful, smiling face really lifts my spirits. Thank you.