Friday, August 22, 2008

treats!


We're getting ready to hit the road but I wanted to show you these rice krispie treats on a stick that I made for the kiddies. Rainbow sprinkles make everything better, don't you think?

I'm also roasting some potatoes to finish cooking over the fire pit for the pot luck tonight. I'll drizzle crumbled gorgonzola over them just before serving...yum!

I'm also planning on making flat bread pizzas on the grill. I haven't tried this before so I hope it works out...fresh heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled over...doesn't that sound great. I'll just have to keep my eye on it and take it off just as the cheese gets melty but before the crust burns. It'll be tricky.

Hope you have a good weekend...I'll show and tell the camping trip on Monday.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're off to our fav mountain camping spot for the weekend also. Hope you have a great time and Baby too!

Junie Moon said...

Those treats look so cute and festive. I've loved hearing about your camping trips over the last few years and look forward to finding out about this new adventure. Your "Amy Camping" approach is much more fun than the way I've gone camping. I truly wish you would do a camping book.

Regina said...

THose are the cutest little RC treats that I've ever seen! My kiddos don't like the taste of them, so I always have to wait until the church bake sale to make them. You've given me a great idea for the next one! Thanks for sharing and have unBEARable fun on your camping trip! I remember seeing some of your camping pix a while back. I LOVE your idea of camping! I don't think my husdand's boy scout group would appreciate all the effort though. Bummer for me.

Brooke said...

Those rice krispie treats are simply adorable!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW. I think your CAMPING food is better than my EVERYDAY food. Lol, I love it. Totally bookmarking this post for camping inspiration.

Whosyergurl said...

Amy,

LOOK @ this website! Camping, Amy-style.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/bb/

hugs, Cheryl (WHOSYERGURL)

Anonymous said...

those pizzas sound delicious! I'll be right over!

Jen Kershner said...

I adore your rice crispies on a stick. What an genius idea! Love that lipgloss too. I'll be looking for it. I'm hoping it was in the dollar spot!

Kimberly said...

You need to check out this girls Etsy shop. She has some really cute stuff. Have fun camping!

Kimberly said...

It would help if I remembered to post the link.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5595552

be gifted said...

so fun to read this. . .we just returned from our first family camping experience. had a great time and we laughed at ourselves as the neighboring campsites broke out the mini boxes of cereal we were making french toast with marscapone, home made sweet potatoe fries etc over the fire. can't wait to see your photos!

elenora123 said...

Well… I visit your website first time and found this site very useful and interesting! Well… you guys doing nice work and I just want to say that keep rocking and keep it up!!!!
Elenora
camper trailers

Camper Trailers said...

It is a very nice post