Friday, August 29, 2008

20 answers: no. 5

Marlene asks...

If you had the chance to go any where in the world free of charge all expenses paid where would you like to go?

A. Oh, I'm terrible at these kinds of questions. I haven't traveled a whole heck of a lot but if I could go anywhere, free of charge, I would want to find a place that had a fairytale kind of charm to it. Probably in the Old World, somewhere. With castles and cobblestone paths, thick with history. I would want to have a whole family take me in, adoring me and totally taking care of me. That last part really appeals to me...I would like that very much.

I really loved Prague...we went to the Opera there one night and then wandered the streets afterwards. A big fat rat ran across our path. It sounds scary but it was really very much like a fairytale.

When do we leave?

6 comments:

juls4real said...

Loving this blog. Loving that outfit! I would go to see my sister in law in Florence Italy. We would eat fresh, scrumptous things and drink coffee. And watch boys and clothes and art and markets and....

calicodaisy said...

You want fairy tale charm? Visit http://thevintagemagpie.typepad.com/thevintagemagpie/ and check out the photos of Devon in Britain where she lives. It's unbelievable. Go back to the March, April, and May months and see all the charm she lives in.

The next time I get that question of where in the world would I want to visit, it will be Devon for sure.

-- Michele

Decor To Adore said...

The cobblestone streets in the city center of Prague were so charming.

Saucy said...

For me, two choices: Florence, Italy (my Dad's favourite city in the world, I've never seen it) and of course, Paris. Ohhhhh.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so hard to answer. I think of places like the Cinque Terra or some other place in Italy or maybe France. I probably should say the Galapagos or Antarctica but honestly if given the chance I'd just pick whatever place was last featured on Globe Trekker. I was just watching it last night and they were featuring the "Indian Riviera" on the west coast of India where land meets the Arabian sea. Some place I would never have thought of!
~Christine :)

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

Ohhhhh! That's exactly where I want to go! Fairytale land... ahhhh.... what fun!
;)