Saturday, August 9, 2008

We're back!

I'll post again soon but I wanted to let you know we are back in Virginia. The visit with Baby's father and his family went very well. It really gives me so much peace to see how much they love and care for this sweet little one. They decorated the house with about 200 balloons and banners and a sign that said "Welcome!" I couldn't stop the tears from coming when I saw it. When I started crying, everyone started crying.

Stephanie T., it's so crazy that you should mention Mrs. Grossman's sticker factory! We were actually in Petaluma, believe it or not! AND we went to the sticker factory! So much fun! I love Petaluma...all the older buildings and cute little boutiques and restaurants! More on that later. Hope you have a good day!

11 comments:

Paper Relics said...

so glad you are back and that the visit went well.

Tell Baby I miss him!

mo said...

I have been reading along your adventure wi8th this sweet little boy and I can imagine how happy it makes you that he does have loving family (other than you!) out there. You have an ENORMOUS heart!

Kathy said...

I faithfully read your blog. I don't even know you. Not really. Yet, I've been thinking about you on this latest journey. You really are amazing! It was wonderful to hear this good news.

Kathy.

👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳 said...

Amy, I too, read about your adventures with baby, and I'm going to say what I'm sure others think, but don't say. I hope that baby can stay with you forever. It's wonderful that he has a family who loves him, but you are the one who is mothering him, you and your husband obviously adore this child, and you're giving him a stable, loving environment.

Best of luck to you with whatever path this little boy leads you to, you are a brave and gentle soul, dear Amy...

Pamela Jane said...

So glad your loving efforts brought joy to all concerned -- welcome home!

Anonymous said...

I love stickers! Wish I hadn't missed out on the paper relics! It's so me.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are both back safe and sound!
If it weren't for flute, violin and art lessons for the littles, we'd have spent a few days up there while dad was in his office...We LOVE going to the sticker factory!!!

Anonymous said...

And I cried reading about you crying!
You have a sweet and soft heart.

Mama Bee Simple said...

Waw I love your blog, its so amazing & i especially love the layout too! great posts & hope you hear from you soon :)

Monika ♥

Zylo said...

I bet that was a wonderful experience for you. I can imagine how hard it might have been, but I'm proud of you- even if I don't know you- that you can give so much and then give more.

Anonymous said...

oh man.
i adore petaluma
i hope you saw summer cottage
:)