Monday, August 20, 2007

tcob marathon, cont.

This was a very nice weekend. I made the nicest Sunday supper last night...a chicken roasted with lemons and shallots with the best ever pan gravy, the fluffiest mashed potatoes with just the right amount of farm fresh butter, a fresh salad of ripest tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil, drizzled with vinegar and olive oil. I love Sundays when there's a supper being fixed, filling the house with delicious anticipation.
Between supper preparations, I joined Rich who was reading all day. It was just the kind of easy going day that I love. Oh, and the weather was perfect, even a little chilly at times.
Last night a loud storm came through, dropping hard rain at times. The power went out for about an hour and I was sure the basement would flood without the sump pump's help. I couldn't find the flashlight (which is usually on the floor by Rich's side of the bed but which wasn't replaced after the camping trip) so I just waited for the power to come back on. Once it did, I checked out the basement. Happily it was dry as a bone.

Today I'm continuing my marathon of taking care of business kinds of things. The office is still sparkling clean and I'm very happy with it.
Now I will tackle the studio. It is a complete mess. Stuff is everywhere and not in the least way organized. I'd like to get rid of the big hunkin' chair that's in the middle and replace it with a workbench that's now in the basement. The chair just gets piled up with stuff and I never use it to actually sit. I do most of my work standing up so a workbench will be just the ticket. And I can keep the work surface cleared and ready for creating. That's my hope anyway.
First things first...I need to sort and clean and shelf and clean and clean and clean. And, next week...the basement!

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I am converting a barn into a studio in spare moments and have recently discovered that I don't need a large table, I need a counter height work surface. I stand when I work too. Love the office so much - especially those puffy balls.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

When I was little, my Aunt bought me an Uncle Wiggily book. I just could not get enough of it!

Good luck with your organizing. My head isn't quite in that space yet, but it will have to soon, since my students return in a couple weeks!

Saucy said...

That's the problem with chairs in studios. They can become a repository for things you don't know what to do with.

Remember Martha's organizing advice Amy - work top to bottom, and you will be fine!

Anonymous said...

You've really inspired me, Amy! I've caught the decluttering bug again. It will be so nice to fling away all that stuff and focus on getting cozy during the winter, won't it? Good luck this week! Take plenty of sweet tea breaks and hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Could you come and clean my basement? After working as a folk artist for 25 years, I have bits and pieces of every craft supply in the world. You go girl! You can be my inspiration!