Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

This is my very sweet mother. I wish you could meet her. Everyone who meets her falls instantly in love with her. And you can't believe the Southern drawl that pours from her. I should give you her phone number just so you could hear it for yourself. (I won't, of course!)

I talk to her on the phone just about every day. Sometimes it's a quick hello, goodbye. Other times we sit and talk for an hour or so. We talk about serious stuff and funny stuff and sometimes not really much of anything at all.

Happy Mother's Day, Momma! I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of you all day, counting all the ways you are such a wonderful mother. Thank you for giving me life and then giving my life love.

To all the mothers out there, I hope you feel the love and appreciation of your children today. And to everyone else, call your mom! Yes, now!

11 comments:

jillyellow said...

Hi Amy!
Happy Mother's Day! I have been following your blog for a while now and I just love it! I hope you have a wonderful day with your adorable husband and son! Enjoy and give thanks!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, sweet Amy! I know you will enjoy this beautiful day and all its blessings!

Chris Worthy said...

Happy Mother's Day!

melissa said...

I'm new to your site, but wanted to tell you how sweet your post is today (as they are most days!).

Enjoy your day, and your momma. :)

La Donna Welter said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!!!

Denise said...

There is no one in this world that can compare to your mother. Happy Mothers Day!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

She's a cutie! Happy Mother's Day!
Sandy :O)

Deborah said...

Happy Mothers Day Amy!

...but I'm wondering if it's only me having trouble reading the orange on brown text?

marie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Happy Mothers day to someone who truly knows the meaning (and the heartache ) of the work 'mother'. I hope you and your family had a beautiful day. PS your mum seems to be a special person also...wish there were more of you in this world!

maryann said...

This is precious! Your mom sounds adorable, just like you! Happy Mother's Day, Amy and Mom-of-Amy!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!