Tuesday, October 23, 2012

classroom posters

A long time ago, I showed you these posters that line the hallways of Metro Hotel in Petaluma, CA.





 
They are French classroom posters and I absolutely love them. Well, happily, I found something ALMOST as wonderful. They are American and of a slightly later vintage, but I do think they are charming in their own way. I scored these on Etsy and they just arrived today. There are only 4 of them but they are 2-sided so I have some decisions to make. I think I will frame these and line our upstairs hallway with them. What do you think? Do you like them almost as much too?
 






 
This one is my favorite...can't you just imagine being that mom and coming home to all that chaos?
 
 
Anyone have any good tips on how to get the creases out of these posters safely? Or should I take them to a frame shop and ask them to prepare them? Do they do that?
 
 
 
p.s. Today is Day 2 of the awesome Boot Camp over at Big Picture Classes. A big special thank you to The Sewing Post for providing today's fabulous giveaway item. Can you even take how cute these rubber stamps are? I had to pick up a set for myself.

 
 

5 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Those posters remind me of the posters we had in our Peabody kits. They were made by American Guidance System, I believe. AGS
They were used to elicit conversation and language. The last one was probably a "What's wrong?" poster.
I am retired now from being a Speech Language Pathologist, and these posters brought back a lot of memories.
(And to think, about 10 years ago, I threw away those kits...Oh well..who would think..this type of product would be so popular today.
I could have saved them and sold the items...to supplement my retirement. LOL.)
Enjoy them.

Liz said...

Have them frame with double glass so both sides are visible. That way you can switch them.

WendyBee said...

I love Liz's idea!
Those posters are certainly a treasure. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy Gilley said...

Hi Amy,

A frame shop will mount them onto foam core for you, which will get a lot of those creases out. It's really quite magical. :) xo

Sharon said...

they are great! Try a cool iron?