Friday, December 30, 2011

what? it's over

just like that...


But wait...let me just rewind a bit...

We had a wonderful Christmas. When Santa asked Alfredo what he wanted he said "I trust you...you can just pick out something you think I'll like." Seriously.

We arrived at Santa's workshop just as he was taking a break to feed the reindeer. What to do at a crowded mall for 45 minutes to pass the time? We went to build-a-bear and made Erik, the penguin from Happy Feet 2. Except Alfredo named him Rojo. And dressed him up in a red power rangers suit. Just picture that fluffy guy shoved into a tight red body suit. (the penguin, not Santa!)

We're spending our mornings snuggled up in our pajamas until we can barely stand it, waging wars between dinosaurs and power rangers with some spy cars thrown in for good measure. Just now I overheard him whispering, one dinosaur to another, "Stand still now while I punch you in the face"...where does he get this stuff? I'm quite sure those are 10 words I've never uttered together. 

Hope you're having as much fun with all your new Christmas toys!

Happy New Year!

13 comments:

cathy@home said...

I know its amazing where they pick it up.

charlotte said...

how I love your sweet boy! (and you too!)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOL oooh Amy, it really is a boy thing, they are just programmed that way.
Stopping by to wish you and your precious family a blessed, prosperous, healthy and happy New Year (())

Whosyergurl said...

Alfredo is so adorable! Happy New Year, Amy. To you Rich and Alfredo.
xo, Cheryl

Unknown said...

Tee,hee boys will be boys :) His response to Santa sounded so grown up though..lol! We have been lounging around in our pjs all week. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy new year!!

Sandy xox

Sue said...

I love his statement to Santa! That's so sweet and non-greedy. You must be doing a great job.

WendyBee said...

Your blog is a delight. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You know, I totally feel your pain. Christmas really does come to an end WAY too fast. Always. But, there are still the New Year's celebrations to have some more fun and excitement. Plus all the days in between to take a small break and chill. Have a Happy 2012!
--A.Y.

Courtney Snowden said...

What a little gem this boy is :)

Suz said...

I am just cracking up. I grew up with four brothers, no sisters, and I heard a lot of that! He is so adorable, Amy. I am sure you have heard that a million times!
Hugs,
Suz

Saucy said...

Oh that boy of yours is too funny! So sweet with Santa and so boyish with his toys! I loved that little story.

Happy New Year Amy to you, Rich, Alfredo and Rojo. xo

Grace said...

I laughed so hard!! Thanks so much for sharing Alfredo stories. He is so precious. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Grace xoox

Rachel and Pia's Cottage said...

I can't believe how big Alfredo is getting....5 years old...seems like yesterday he came to you! :o) Continued blessings to you all.