Friday, December 16, 2011

so sweet


Yesterday, Alfredo's class decorated gingerbread houses! It was so much fun. And just look how adorable his house is! Can you stand it? I think it's so funny that he used a Swedish fish for the front door.

A few moms got together the day before to construct the houses from special gingerbread flavored graham crackers. That way, the houses were all set up and sturdy for all the candy decorations they used. And boy, did they use a lot of candy. (but even more candy went into their tummies!)

8 comments:

Amy M. said...

Amy--He just gets more and more handsome! Those little girls better watch out!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Alice said...

How fun! All of my children are grown (well I've still got a 15 year old at home), and I really miss the days of crafts, school parties, gooey fingers, and handmade gifts.

Stef said...

A teacher who lets kids make stuff and make messes is such a blessing!

cathy@home said...

That is my kind of school.

Nancy said...

Your little guy is just as sweet as all that candy! I love gingerbread houses. In fact, I wrote about it yesterday on my blog-- take a peek if you have time.
Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

Hi!
I'm back with another comment because I just purchased my copy of Christmas Inspired Ideas and it is absolutely wonderful! But, do you want to know what made me smile the most? Well, it was that little candy-bouquet-carrying-bow-tie-wearing-smiley-face-sweetheart on page 32!

Thanks for making my day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Amy! Alfredo is looking so grown up all of a sudden. : ) Such a sweet looking boy.

Tracy Altieri said...

It's so nice to see that this kind of thing still happens. Teachers have so much pressure on them to fit everything in and to get kids ready for tests - kids still need to be kids.