Thursday, November 18, 2010

look meleen! they're still there..

So my friend Meleen asks me at Silver Bella if Alfredo still had dimples on his hands. Dimples on his hands? I ask. You know how itsy bitsy babies have dimples on their hands? We've all seen those sweet little things. Well, at some point (about Alfredo's age) Meleen said that those sweet little dimples go away and knuckles take their place. 

I couldn't wait to get home to see his hands...

Sure enough, he doesn't have knuckles yet! I can tell they are on their way though! (note to Rich who is in charge of it: he needs a fingernail trimming)

Today he put on a finger puppet show for me...

 he had a voice for each character
 and silly jokes that had us both giggling
a nicely developed storyline
 some twists in the plot
 action and adventure
 a lot of sillyness
 and this was the grand finale...

Can you tell I'm feeling better? Three posts in a single day!

And what's more, Inspired Ideas now has its own little site. Click here to see. And you won't believe what I included. Look on the archives page to take a trip on the wayback machine...copies of Volume One, affectionately known by me as the dinkies. Oh, and click on updates to join the mailing list and you'll be among the first to hear about the next issue.

12 comments:

Providence Handmade said...

What a little doll...I remember crying one particularly melancholy evening about the day that the dimples would be gone from my babies' hands. Off to check out the new site! :)

Hoosier at Heart said...

Why is it that dimples on babies hands are cute but dimples on my rear end are not? Hmm, going to check out the site now.

Heidi said...

Gosh...I spent hours with the grandkids yesterday and never KNEW to look at their knuckles...or lack of! Dimples??? I won't see them for a week now....can hardly wait, though. Put out your hands,kids, I'm inspecting for signs of childhood! LOL (I remember Meleen from SB 2007--a sweetie!) Wish I could hear Alfredo's story, he was very expressive for sure!
Hugs, Heidi

(giveaway on my blog today..)

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Isn't it wonderful how a succession of photographs really brought your son to life on the screen! Adorable!

meleen dupré said...

eeekkkkkk!!! yay for sweet dimples!!!
i'm so happy that they are still there!!! he's such a cutie...he'll be sweet with knuckles too!!

miss you!

ox,meleen

Suz said...

Oh, Amy,
There is just something about this that makes me want to cry. It is so sweet. Then I reach the GrandFinale...makes me want to laugh my head off.
Sure miss you!
Hugs,
Suz

Angela said...

Sweet Alfredo - he's such a cutie and getting so big! I spy some adorable dimples in his cheeks, too!

Virgínia Vilela said...

que delícia!!!!!!!!

virpi said...

i have dimples on my hands and im 29 years old...

suesueb said...

Love the dimples, reminds me of chubby babies! Also love the new site. It's so much fun looking back and remembering all your wonderful ideas and how sweetly you share. Thanks so much for it all!! Happy Thanksgiving to y'all all!

Caca said...

what a cute boy he is.

Anonymous said...

I am 17 and have dimples on all 8 knuckles