Friday, December 5, 2008

it's beginning to look a lot like...

Today, I'm putting my Christmas trees up and getting the house festive and pretty. I'm off the sofa, heating pad safely switched off, and feeling much better, I'm happy to say. First off, I need to head out to buy more twinkling lights, a wreath for the door and a small one for my kitchen window, and two small real trees. (I'll also have a big artificial one and a pink one (hopefully!))


Before I get started with all that fun work, I thought I'd show you one of the swaps from Silver Bella. This was a one-on-one swap, making a glitter house based on this one that I shared in inspiredideas this summer.


My swap partner was Melissa Danner. I don't have a good picture of the one I gave her...but just cast your eyes on the beauty she made me...










Melissa is so sweet and I just fell in love with her cheery, saturated, candy-like palette. Look at this fabulous quilt she made for the vendor faire (as far as I know, it's still available!)



I really love these details, the bird and the super cute house!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and magazine, everyday I have to see all the pretty and whimsy things it just makes me sooo happy looking at it. I know It's silly but true. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy-- I love your pretty little blog and pretty little houses... and I've got a little giveaway over at my blog.. hope you can stop by.
Have a lovely weekend,
Kelly
www.monachpost.typepad.com

Colleen said...

Thanks for the visual feast.Please, please, please post pics of your Christmas trees when you're done as I really need some inspiration and motivation to get decorating (now I'm going to dispose of the Halloween pumpkin sitting at my front door!!)

Unknown said...

That is a cute little house! The colors are mouthwatering!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Sweet! It's just the inspiring sparkly sight my eyes needed today :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Amy...
How are ya doin' girl? I think of you often and your generous spirit and loved getting to know you at SilverBella.I still have to send you a special treat I have been holding...I would love to put a button of your blog on mine...is that ok?
I hope you have a blessed season... Mary Smilove

Unknown said...

Love love love it!

Brooke said...

That glitter house is so pretty! Of course, I love anything that sparkles! :)