Friday, December 12, 2008

here I am!

Oh, boy...I did not mean to fall off the face of the blogworld for a whole week! Seriously.


Here's my week in review:


Monday: Club Little House sorting party...great fun and lots of work. Thanks so much Hope, Pam, Lorraine, Claudine and Leslie for being such fabulous elves! (see Pam's blog for club little house sneak peeks, but not if you want to keep it all a surprise!) Here's a picture of what my family room looked like with all the club little house submissions ready for sorting.


Tuesday: Spent most of the day wrapping gifts for the baby and packing them up to send off to California...took way more time than I thought it would. My three favorite gifts were a cat face shaped keyboard which had an option to change the notes to "meows", a chipmunk toy (we used to have a chipmunk that would come visit our front door everyday and Baby would (many times aday) go to the front door with his face pressed against the glass and say "Monk" Monk"), and a tiny digital picture viewer to which we loaded 50 pictures of us, the baby, and other fun things.

Wednesday: Worked on handmade gifts in the morning and went shopping in the afternoon, treating myself to a very nice lunch out alone.

Thursday: Had some little friends over in the morning for a crafting project. Afterwards we had gingerbread with whipped cream (lots) and egg nog served in tiny espresso cups of different colors. Went to the dr. in the afternoon and finished up handmade gifts in the evening.

Today: Met my friend Hope at Newberry's in Brunswick for their moving sale (great!) and then exchanged stockings at Beans in the Belfry! Dropped off 20 gifts for my sweet friend Irene to give to all the angels in her life, including the staff of her dr's office and the folks at the drive-thru of McD's. Stopped by for a quick visit with Ann and Linda at the Cottage. Ate a late lunch at Tuskie's.


Here are some pictures that Hope took on Monday before the sorting party of my holiday decorations...








17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. We've missed you and your creative fun. But, gee....a girl's gotta DO stuff!

Kim Caldwell said...

Just imagining what creative lovelies are in those little boxes. Can't wait for the reveal. Your home looks beautiful for the holidays too. . .

Hugs, Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness ... I just love the picture of your living room all decorated! It is so much fun. The colors are amazing!

Have a wonderful Christmas,

melissa

Tricia said...

What a fun and busy week. I'm glad you're back!

karen said...

The CLH packages look amazing!!! It will be a nice holiday treat when they arrive. Thanks for all your work on this. The packing party sounds fun. Your home is beautiful.

Jo said...

Oh my gosh, I had a look at Pam's blog (I'm terrible with secrets!) and I can't believe the beautiful little treasures! Those items are exquisite, I will be stalking my postman now waiting for my parcel! Thanks for doing all this Amy, you are amazing ;-)

Unknown said...

So glad you are doing some fun holiday things! Your decorations look so homey and fab! Love it all - that is the perfect tree to sit under and sip hot chocolate and just get lost in the lights and decorations!

Hope | Paper Relics said...

wow, I am pooped from just reading all of that! I had so much fun seeing you TWICE this week :) and I just LOVE everything that was in my stocking (and the stocking itself), I had so much fun sitting Mike down and showing him everything ...

And boy, you make my photos look so good :)

My word verification to leave this comment is "wooto" and it made me giggle.

Unknown said...

It looks like you have been very busy! Your Christmas decorations are very fun and whimsical!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks dreamy! Wish I could be there to play, too!

sassy said...

The pillows! The little houses! They are amazing..please blog about them someday!

Anonymous said...

Your home is a Christmas wonderland, sounds like you had a lovely busy week!

Anonymous said...

my sister gave me one of charlotte's adorable cashmere mice as a gift. aren't they adorable!

Decor To Adore said...

It truly does look like Santa's workshop.

Anonymous said...

Good Heavens!!! YOUR HOUSE!!! Woweekazowee. Alll that red and turquiose with bits of green, etc. Cute cute cute.

Sue said...

Newberry's - moving sale??? Panic sets in. Please, please tell me that wonderful shop is not moving or closing down! I haven't been there in a few weeks (consider it my duty to go in once a month and help keep them a float - not hard to do as all their stuff is so amazing). Now I feel I must head back Saturday, after primo auction in Frederick. I'm sure I won't be able to rest until I know everything still ok at that most amazing of shops.

Have you tried the desserts at Beans and the Bellfry - simply to die for!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I feel so much better now that I have read your blog post here. I was having a very lonely day--browsing the blogs of some of my old crafty friends--I don't see them much anymore. I guess I have gotten so busy with LolliShops, I forgot my first love: The Artists Community.
*sniff* But then I saw my Betsy Girls on your tree!
*hugs*
I promise to create more next year!
~Sadie