Wednesday, December 17, 2008

i ♥ ny

Oh my goodness gracious but did we have a fabulous time in New York! It was a long drive there and a long drive home, but in between, we really had fun.

We arrived with enough time to walk around, see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the ice skaters. And on cue, big fat fluffy flakes of snow fell on us. It was just magical to look up in the sky, embraced by buildings that stretch so far up there, and have such beautiful snow drifting around.

The show was amazing...my parents eyes sparkled just like a child's. And my mom kept saying "This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!"

After the show, we decided to just walk around a bit and take in the sites. We went into St. Patrick's Cathedral, which was just so beautiful (and packed!) And then we made our way to FAO Schwartz (even more packed!)

It was getting dark by then and the snow was really falling and blowing in our faces. We decided to make our way back to the car, looking for a restaurant on our way. We asked the bellhop at Warwick to suggest a restaurant and he recommended Il Gattopardo. Really, so wonderful. My mother declared it "The best meal I've ever had!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad yall had a great day. I was a little worried when it was snowing and sleeting here, I was hoping yall got home ok.

Jessica

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous! I have been many places, and I am even lucky enough to live in FLorida, but I have always wanted to go to New York City!

What great memories!
Merry Christmas!

karen said...

Isnt nice after all the times your parents did nice things for you, that you can return the delight. Ive always wanted to visit New York too

Leanne said...

I am thinking that N.Y. at Christmas would be THE most amazing time to visit. Merry Christmas!