Saturday, August 20, 2005

camping cancelled...

The camping trip was cancelled this weekend for two reasons. Rich is sick, poor dear. Also the forecast had called for rain and strong storms. Although I am so very happy to be sleeping in my own nice bed tonight, I do feel sad for my sweetie. His whole family is right at this moment gathered around a campfire, telling funny stories and toasting marshmallows.

We missed last year's camping trip (Niagara Falls) as well. I had just had surgery and wasn't up for it. Before we knew that we wouldn't be able to go, we bought a new huge tent. We also bought something very over-the-top...something called a "gourmet camper's kitchen". It's a portable countertop with a sink that is operated with a foot pump. Isn't that funny? We haven't used it yet and now I guess we won't use it until next year. Here's a picture of the set up...

No comments: