Friday, June 3, 2011

good things/small packages


I made a little gift for my traveling partner and friend, Pam. (I hope she's too busy packing to check my blog!) I used one of the tins Michael's sells at their checkout stands for gift card packaging. It seems small but just check out how much I was able to cram in...


And there's a layer of photos and papers underneath too.


In addition to tiny little figures and charms, I included a small vial of glue and toothpicks, a tiny spool of vintage silk thread, a bit of lovely vintage lace, and a few of the tiniest colored pencils you've ever seen.

See? Good things do come in small packages.

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a fun treasure chest of goodies!

Jill said...

Tiny things are always adorable! I'm sure your friend will love it as much as I do.

Sally said...

Thats so charming, and I love the little soldier boy!

vivian said...

I love "tiny" too, and I totally believe that good things come in small packages!!
have fun.. your travel partner will be thrilled with your sweet gift!
xoxo
vivian

koralee said...

Adorable! xoxoxo Happy weekend

Tracey Fisher said...

With this adorable and inspiring gift and your case from yesterday all you need is a toothbrush and you are ready to go!

Heidi said...

Simply adorable......though tiny, she will love big time!

Bonnie said...

Too cute! I love tiny things. I'd love to know where you find such an assortment.

Natasha Harrison said...

WOW that is so inspiring! I must make one for myself, is that allowed? then show it off? hehe. it really is beautiful, your blog inspires me :)
natasha - http://bonjourshabbychic.blogspot.com/ xox

Pretty Things said...

I would SO love to get something like that! You could make a fortune making little things like that for all sorts of themes!

Paula Parrish said...

So sweet and creative!

Unknown said...

what a heavenly little gift... i'd love to be on the receiving end of that!

fee @ chipper nelly said...

way too cute - a teeny tiny tin of treats! what a lovely friend you are
fee x
(also liking my comment in this fancy writing!)