Saturday, June 12, 2010

Art Sisters: Chapter 4

On Saturday morning, we started bright and early making some needlefelting projects with Vivian.

It was meant to be a bird in a nest but I liked them better separately.
After a little rest and relaxation (and shopping for some), we met up again in the afternoon to make this adorable bird mobile with Jenny.
Can you believe how cute it is?!
And then because we'd worked ourselves into a crafting frenzy, we continued crafting into the night. Jenny, Vivian and I each made a needlefelted bear. Jenny gave hers to Viv. I gave mine to Maija. And Vivian gave hers to me (above).
Here we all are, my art sisters and me. Seated in the front are Sandy and Maija. Standing in the back, from left to right, are Natalea, Jenny, Martha, Me, and Vivian. Art Sisters for Life! What an amazing weekend! Can't wait for next year!

11 comments:

Honey Lamb and I said...

This is something I want to try out now!! I have your kit for embroidery on the way and now I want you to put one of these felt animals together in a kit!!!:) ~Shelley

debi said...

Sooooo cute!

Sian said...

I've always wanted to try this too. A kit would be great!

Honey Lamb and I said...

Me again:) Just got my stitch along kit to day and it is so adorable!!!! Tell me this is not the last one you do!!! I am saving it for my husband and my trip to Laguna Beach this week. I can't wait to whip it out. I want one for every season to do now:) (Am I doing a good enough job begging!?!?) ~Shelley

Unknown said...

Girl you should make more bears like the pink one you created- and sell them! They would be a hit!

Hugs!
Sandy

martha brown said...

I am finally able to do some blog hopping (report cards are finished -- woohoo!) Your birdie mobile looks SO CUTE! I haven't even unpacked mine yet -- that's how busy I am....

jenny said...

hi amy! it's jenny - the straggler out of bed at our retreat and now the last one to post comments about our lovely weekend! ha, ha. =]

annnnyways...it was so wonderful to finally meet you! you are just the most amazing, positive, talented, kind, & inspiring little lady! 'twas an absolute honor to share the weekend with you! xx

Saucy said...

Beyond jealous :( Looks like such a fun time! And that bear??? Cute!

Suz said...

i love these Art Sisters of yours! Such nice and talented people! (including you, of course!)

And I adore what you did with your felted bird, Amy. You seem to make something "yours" right away. I would have picked it out as your art in a minute.

Love to you, Sweet Friend,
Suz

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Fun Amy!!! Your projects are too sweet for words! Looks like you ladies has a fabulous time! XO,Jenn

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

These are just so adorable! I've wanted to try needle felting but it seems difficult. I wish I had your talent! http://www.soapdelinews.com