Friday, June 11, 2010

Art Sisters: Chapter 3

We did a blind swap for our fun weekend. Everyone made one really wonderful thing and then we picked names to find out who got what. Isn't that fun?

I made that purse up there...it was a real labor of love. Sandy got it.

Perhaps you remember it from this stage, when I posted a sneak peek?



Well, I just kept adding and adding until I nearly lost my mind (and the feeling in my right index finger!) Looking back at it, I really loved the simple beauty of it at that stage...I think I'll make another less bejeweled one soon.

Want to see what I got in the swap?


This very sweet needlefelted bird atop a soft pink mohair heart from Vivian. Isn't it adorable?

I wish I had pictures of what everyone else made...Really amazingly beautiful stuff!

Next, I'll show you what we made in our classes.

12 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Amazing! Both pieces are.. how fun is that!

Jill said...

How did you ever part with that adorable purse?!! It's incredible!!
Love the felted birdie-- sooooo sweet!
Hugs,
Jill

Honey Lamb and I said...

LOVE the purse and Love all the bright colors you always use!!! Little birdie was a great grab! ~Shelley

Rhia said...

Little handbag is a dream come true =) So pretty with all the little detailes, it makes me go crazy! And that birdie is just so cute and cudly!

Kathryn Dyche said...

What fun. Have a great weekend.

Embley Veronica said...

Love love love that purse! Someone was a very lucky swapper. What you received is completely adorable, too though. You've got some talented swap pals. :)

vivian said...

Everything was so good wasnt it? I'm so glad that you got mine and that you like it! Your purse was over the top awesome!
Happy weekend!
xo
viv

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh my! Your purse is gorgeous! And the needlefelted bird that you received is so sweet!

redchuckstress said...

Great purse! It looks so fun and whimsical. Looks like yall had a fun swap!

Linda said...

love the purse!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

*GASP*!!! Amy your purse is TDF!!!! Seriously a beautiful piece of wearable art! Awesome job! You sooo should make more to sell. I would totally commission you to make one for me ala Eye Candy style. ;)
The birdie is so soft and precious! Love!! Xo,Jenn

Unknown said...

I just love your purse , it's so pretty.