Monday, March 1, 2010

rabbit, rabbit

I'm so excited that March is here...my favorite month of the whole year. Spring is right around the corner and pretty soon the big thaw will happen and birds and flowers will reappear. It's such magic.

Every day this month I will celebrate my birthday, which I consider my own personal holiday. I'm kicking off the celebration with two sweet buys from the dollar spot at Michael's.

Have you seen these?
Ingenious paper placemats by Mary! Aren't they delightful? You get 6 for a dollar!

And look at these fun felt coasters. I don't know yet what I'll do with them but I really love the pattern.
I stitched my first square and posted it over at the 39 squares blog...It's a festive little bluebird! Check out the blogs listed on the side to check out all the first squares...

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday month! I'm afraid I'll fall too far behind if I join in your 39 squares project, but I'll be peeking in to see how yours is coming along. A summery one may be right up my alley...need to finish Teresa's first. :)

Grace said...

I bought the pink flower "coasters" didn't know that that is what they were but I bought them! lol I cant wait to see what you do with them..ideas for me. Grace

Simply EC said...

I'm excited about the 39 squares project and to be stitching along with you. This year will be my "golden" birthday as my grandmother calls it. (Meaning I will be turning the number of the date I was born.) I may have to do something similar come september!

Suz said...

Love that ME dollar spot. I got some of the "Queen" ones for the retreat my friend, Donna, and I are doing...goody bags and placemats...I figure they are like little posters!

I need to check that site. I am anxious to be stitching but I have been busy lately...just seems like one thing (swap!) after another!

Happy March, sweetie!

Krissy said...

Love the birthday month sampler idea! Happy Birthday Month, by the way. My sister Tammy, from Tinsel & Company (tinselcompany.blogspot.com), refered me to your blog. Awesome project ideas! Keep up the great work...I will following along with you this month ;) ~ Krissy

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Hi Amy! Happy Birthday Month! I am celebrating mine as well, isn't it the BEST?!

Stevie said...

Oh how I love Michael's Dollar Spot! Soo many treasure to be found!

I love your little bird! I plan to post pictures tomorrow of days 1-3. Tonight we have mandatory training and we're getting ready to leave for that.

Samantha said...

Your squares (and everyone elses) are so cute! I hope you don't mind me jumping in...I stitched away and posted in the flickr group. I was thinking I wouldn't have time, but it's so quick to do...and fun too, I couldn't resist.

Gina M Smith said...

Oh my gosh, found you from Bryanna but have heard of you and Inspire Co before. You must be close to me; I just moved to Columbia, MD and just recently visited Leesburg for the first time and Lucketts Corner. Love the stitching, is it too late to join? I will hop on over.