Tuesday, March 23, 2010

oh yes...




I got the itch to make more Sugarville houses. Yes, I know...it's been a very long time.

I first made these in 2006 and they were a big hit. I made a whole bunch of them to sell at Silver Bella 2007...so many that I kind of got a bit burned out. And then it seemed like there were other glitter houses like these out there. I don't know...I just got buried under some of those negative thoughts.

Anyway, when I was cleaning out my studio and finding boxes and boxes of houses that awaited making-over, I just started remembering how much fun they are to make. So, I'm going to make up a batch and put them in my etsy shop soon.

p.s. I wish I had some more of those vintage green pom-poms! I love that little tree I made for this one!

8 comments:

lynnk said...

yours are so sweet and you!
(the others - just copycats!!)

love the pmpom trees - very suess-like!

Diva Kreszl said...

thisis just so sweet, please do share your creative details on how you do this sometime!

Unknown said...

I came across your blog from artful blogging and I am in love!!! I wish I could "follow" you. Beautiful pictures and crafts- just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Amy! You sounded so happy, you just made me smile! xoxo the fan

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! If that just doesn't smile and say "Easter," then nothing does! :-))

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Your trees look like Truffula Trees! How cute!

Julie Ann said...

Oh- I Adore those pom pom trees!!

Hena Tayeb said...

you made that! so cute..