Wednesday, March 3, 2010

jonsing

When you give something up for Lent, you're supposed to be real cool about it. You don't brag or complain or talk about it at all. You just graciously make the sacrifice to mirror the ultimate sacrifice that was made for you. You grin and bear it.

That said...



I'm seriously jonsing for a Coca-Cola. Seriously. Deliriously. I nearly have the shakes from it.

Okay...I'm ready to go on with my day and suck it up and do this thing.

p.s. Did I mention that I gave up ALL sodas...not just Coca-Cola? Oh man is this hard. Okay...back to it. For real this time. Silent enduring sacrifice. Tiny insignificant sacrifice. I can do it.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I feel your pain Amy! Jim and I gave up chocolate. Man, it's R E A L L Y hard. I'm sure soda is a tough one, too.

Evelyn said...

Totally understand ... I would be stitching that bottle on my sampler, that's how obsessed I would be.

Kateyed said...

Get it, Amy. Totally get it. I had to decaffeinate per doctors orders. Coffee, no problem. Coke, major pain!

I also feel your pain!!!

becky said...

That is SO hard! I get you! Speaking of, did you know my pic is still on the ASEE coke machine??? I think that pretty much tells you that I feel your pain!

I gave up Starbucks, which is killer for me! I constantly brag.

Molly said...

I haven't had a soda in so long! But looking at that picture makes me want one real bad! Thanks for the sweet comments you left! Have a great day!
~Molly P

Bevy said...

Have an iced tea.

Lisa said...

Me too. Really wishing for a diet Coke - the best medicine for a long day at work, and fuel for a cleaning frenzy. Just a few more weeks . . .

gwen said...

I stopped drinking soda several years ago when I found out pretty much EVERYONE in my family has diabetes. and it was hard. really hard. but the craving goes away after awhile, you can do it!

p.s. I do indulge in fizzy water mixed with some homemade lemon-honey syrup pretty regularly. It's especially delicious if you've got a few mint leaves to garnish. I am 99% sure it does not count as soda.