Friday, February 26, 2010

39 squares


Here's my freestyle sampler that I'm stitching along with Teresa. As you can see, I went a little overboard in this one little patch. Hopefully as I fill in other areas it will balance out. We'll see.

My birthday month starts Monday and I really do want to do the 39 squares project. I even started a blog for it. If you want to play along, click over there and leave a comment in the first post and I'll add you to the blogroll. It's just one tiny little postage-stamp square a day...you can do it! (Even if you've already commented here that you want to play along, submit a comment there too so I'll have it all together.)

I've been gathering some pictures of past grid-samplers and I found these taken of the one I made for a friend as a swap. I'm thinking that my birthday sampler will have this same look and feel...fun, light, bright, super happy.
Are you inspired yet? I can't wait to do my first square!

11 comments:

donna!ee said...

gorgeous color and symetry in your freestyle embroidery sampler... thanks for sharing, i am inspired to tackle embroidery!!! ;)

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

'Birthday Month' - yay for us March babies!!! Thank you for inspiring me to do something creative EVERY day this month, Amy! XO

Unknown said...

Amy- You may have answered this elsewhere but.....where do you get you open weave coarse fabric for these? I LOVE the sampler kit I gifted myself with over Christmas and would love to do more but can't find the right fabric. Thanks!

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my goodness...am I ever inspired! Your work is lovely!!
Happy Friday!! xOxO Nerina

{oc cottage} said...

How precious!

m ^..^

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Yes! I'm ridiculously inspired! It's adorable! :D

Joan - South Island, New Zealand. said...

Love your beautiful work.

Cindie said...

Amy... I want to join the stitch along but would love to be able to get the fabric you are using...any suggestions.. Also, how do I add myself to the 39 squares site?

Thanks,
Cindie

Hugs to Alfredo

Emily said...

absolutely beautiful. I love how free and whimsical it is. Makes me want to pick up needlepoint!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, yes this sampler is light,bright and happy. And, it makes me happy every time I gaze upon it as it's mine, mine,mine!!!!
I adore it and continue to be amazed at your beautiful handwork as I cannot begin to match it.
It went to a happy home and is doing well and said to say "hi" to mom the creator.
Hugs, Jody

Courtney Heath said...

Amy,

Where do you get your foundation fabric? What are you using?

Best,

Courtney