Tuesday, February 23, 2010

book report

I was at the bookstore the other day and just about fell over myself when I spied this book on the bookshelves. Have you seen it? It's amazing...

This is my very favorite of all the pictures in the book (although this isn't a project in the book exactly there's a template to make this same cottage into a pillow)

All of the projects have detailed templates in the back, color on one side and line drawings on the other. I love this rose template and the project that uses it calls for layers of applique. It looks like a paint by number to me...love it!

And just look at this sweet design for a baby's hooded towel. Wouldn't that make the sweetest baby gift?

This book is pure eye candy and even if I don't do a single project, I'll pore through the pages and soak it all in.

8 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

I love books like that! They are great inspiration even if you don't ever get around to doing any of the projects!

Stevie said...

Wow! I have not seen this magazine. I will definitely be looking for it now though! TFS!!!


I'm happy to hear Alfredo enjoyed his Valentine treats!

birdie blue said...

Amy, I just bought that book on Sunday. I love it, too. My daughters and I are trying to figure out what to make first.

louise said...

and there is another - sew! just beautiful. love the cath!

Suz said...

Amy,

This is darling! I just went to Amazon and ordered the Cath Kidston labels...I hadn't seen the pictures from the book.

I am getting a sewing machine tomorrow...I am soooo excited! Then I can make things like this! I am most excited to sew on paper.

Sending hugs to you and your family. Hoping all is well with Alfredo and his dad.

Love,Suz

Angela said...

Now that I've been reading your blog for awhile I can see that cute cottage pillow in your home! I love the pop of all the colors and of course the bright cheer it would bring!

Anne V. Moore said...

I bought the book a few weeks ago. It reminded me of your style.

claudine hellmuth said...

i was just in a Cath Kitson store in England and got the cutest purse. love her stuff!