Sunday, November 25, 2007

gingerbreadland

We made our gingerbread houses on Friday. It was a lot of sticky fun. Maggie and Seth ate more candy than they stuck to their houses. The frosting was tricky...it was either too thin or too thick and a few times the whole houses collapsed. The kit that came with a foundation (from Target) ended up being the easiest to build.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday. I'm taking it easy now but I think later I'll prep the room for painting. Maybe. 'Though this fire feels so nice and it's been a while since I've read more than a chapter at a time of my book.

6 comments:

rochambeau said...

What FUN!! Beautiful Ginger Houses and Darling photos of your little sweeties!

Sarah and Jack said...

The kids look like they are enjoying it so much that I am rethinking my stance on the gingerbread house. (The stance being that I can never make the darn things work, so I never bother anymore!)

Lovie said...

I do believe Miss Maggie has her Aunt Amy's beautiful smile!

cruststation said...

Aww...the children are adorable, esp. Maggie's smile. Great gingerbread houses, they look fun to make.

Grace @ Rose Cottage Lane said...

That looks like great fun. Maggie looks so much like your childhood photos! A real cutie for sure.

Karen said...

too sweet - really love the houses and the great enthusiasm of the kids - what a great aunt you are