Sunday, June 19, 2005

re-re-re-re-redecorating


Last week I mentioned that I am a messy person. Yes, this is true. But once and a while, I do get the urge to clean like mad. And I do think I have a peculiar way to clean. I take everything out of the room...or at least pull everything to the center of the room...I vacuum and wash down everything...and then, piece by piece, I bring everything back in. And I always move things around and make new arrangements of things.

This picture shows the new summery display for my mantle. I went around the house searching for anything beachy and summery. The black and white photo is of my parents in '62. I sprinkled glass glitter in with the sand to make it magically sparkly. The old ironstone play tea pieces reminded me of shells and I thought about how much fun it would be to have a tea party on the shore.

I spotted the picture in the middle at a shop at the beach a couple of years ago. My sister-in-law noticed that I was eyeing it and that I seemed to love it so. She told my sweetie-pie and he went back to buy it for me. That makes me love it even more.

No comments: