Thursday, June 23, 2005

me, a desperate housewife?

I order shipping boxes hundreds at a time. They are sent to me by truck...big trucks with 18 wheels. The boxes are bundled together on pallets. I usually help the driver to unload the boxes and put them in the garage.

Last summer an especially big shipment of boxes came. I met the driver in the driveway and he seemed very nice...very happy to see me. He just kept smiling at me and I could swear he even winked. I worked really hard helping him unload these big heavy bundles of boxes. When we were done, he left...smiling widely.

When I got back in, I remember pausing and thinking "what a very nice guy". On my way back to work on orders, I passed a mirror and, to my horror, discovered the secret to the trucker's smile. Somehow, my shirt was almost entirely unbuttoned. I don't mean just a button or two more than usual. I mean that the shirt was entirely open...exposing a very lacy, demi-cup bra, filled to the brim.

And remember, I was doing real work...bending, lifting, and heaving.

Can you imagine what this driver must have been thinking? I'm sure he returned with quite a story to tell of his trucking friends. He found his own desperate housewife. Now this was a very embarrassing moment for me. I do not go around exposing my chest to just anyone. But instead of dwelling on the embarrassment, I am going to try to remember the pure joy in that nice trucker's smile.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - stop doing this to me! I sit all by myself in a little room at work....this laughing out loud thing (when I read your blog) is going to start people thinking I'm crazy! Or should I say craziER?

Michelle

... said...

HA!! Funny post, and great story. Yes, I'm sure you made that truck driver's day. Good for you!

(btw - I'm Angela's husband - she sent me this post of yours today...)

Hello.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God totally laughing out loud again in Carlsbad!!!

Allie said...

"filled to the brim" hahahaha!

Debbie Overton said...

I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. Keep those stories coming.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog quite by accident. I am a loyal Inspire Company shopper and was looking for a "dainty fix."

What a lovely surprise to see your blog!

I had to laugh out loud! Who of us hasn't been a total embarassment to ourselves, quite unaware that we were looking a tad foolish!

It's nice to know that others make a mini spectical of ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this may be an old post, as I just found your blog, but I'm a new fan thanks to this post!

I, too, run a business from home and I can only imagine what I didn't catch in the mirror!
Thanks for the laugh!
Heidi

Unknown said...

Desperate Housewives TV Show that is great serial for everyone - in young age, middle age and old age.Serial has a lot of comedy, drama even some action. He is talking about housewives , there lives , adventures, quarrel. First one-four seasonns are good but current season 5 is amazing , he has a lot turn action, ( great , great ) comedy dialogues and huge changes in our desperate lives.

John said...

Schools employ nurses as do childrens camps, vacation or beach clubs and visiting nurse associations. Any time a career field is in demand, there are an abundance of scholarships that help to meet this demand. Isordil, Humulin vs. This waste of valuable evidence ultimately cost the victims and taxpayers lots of money.