Friday, December 7, 2012

gingerbread houses

Whole Foods is selling pre-constructed gingerbread houses. They are perfect for people like Alfredo and me who only really want to decorate the house. Plus they are super solid and, according to Alfredo, delicious. (Also a little pricey at $18 each....shhh...don't tell Rich)
 
 
A quick stop by Walmart to pick up candy...my favorite find are the cute marshmallows shaped like ice cream cones, cupcakes, and pink and white swirls. At less than a dollar a bag, maybe I made up for the splurge on the house.
 
I covered the roof with strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats. And isn't the cupcake chimney cute?

 
Alfredo did a little more licking and eating than actual house decoration. This might be a bit of a work in progress..both the decorating part and the eating part!


3 comments:

Debby said...

I bet he did a little tasting, hah. His house is cute.

claudine hellmuth said...

I love it Amy!!!!

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Hi, Im so glad I found your delightful blog. I just added you to my blog roll and to my RSS feed. I hopee you will stop by for a visit and enjoy my blog and perhaps add me to your blog roll.

Thanks Dianne