Saturday, December 22, 2012

bell jar ornaments


We were inspired by these awesome ornaments and decided to make our own. Check the link for great photos and a tutorial on how to make your own using plastic wineglasses from the dollar store!


I used the paper doll illustration from Claudine and made little Shrinky Dink Alfredos. We made about a dozen of these and could easily make more.

 
Alfredo made most of the scenes himself and then we used a bit of Snow Tex on the base. It was a quick and easy project and the results are dazzling.  


Alfredo made this one for my niece who was married this year.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How clever to use wine glasses! I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a lovely Christmas! I love your latest inspired ideas issue! Have you seen my miniature Christmas home? Here it is:
http://sandy-sandyscreations.blogspot.ca/2012/12/a-white-christmas-at-miniature-estate.html


xoxox
Sandy

Unknown said...

I can't wait to make a bell jar at French General in January--with Molly Meng. You've got my creative juices flowing. Love these.

Cherie Wilson said...

Adorable little Alfredo shrinky dinks!! What a giggle, you two!

Anonymous said...

There are actually various titles attached to this type of job.
A couple of major accrediting agencies encompass most of those.

Physical therapist or physiotherapist is
a really captivating career in the field of medicine.
Also visit my weblog : huxicyy.wordpress.com

cattle exports said...

Some really fantastic content on this web site, thanks for contribution. “Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do.” by Sarah Knowles Bolton.

--------------------------
wool exports | cotton exports | milk exports

Bevy said...

I made these ornaments this year ...love your idea for the shrinky dinks. I put little banners on my trees that said things like "Fenton Christmas" (hometown), "Garage Sale Queen", "Fairy Garden Christmas", etc. I used some things from my mother's house like thimbles and spools too. She passed away this year. May have to use your idea for next Christmas. I can be looking all year for the small stuff!

Ashlee said...

These are so flippin cute! I LOVE how you used the shrinky dinks! Definately pinning, and thanks for the link back :)

Unknown said...

its nice