Thursday, December 20, 2012

christmas gifts and preparations...

I'm thinking about the Sandy Hook families and their great grief. I'm praying for peace for them this Christmas. It seems so out of place to continue about the business of Christmas preparations and share them here. Still, I have my dear little one, his eyes full of wonder, counting down the days. I can't let him down. And I know you are trying to do the same for your loved ones. I hope you won't find it too indelicate to go on.

Let me show you the very simple nativity we made together...


I found these larger pegs here when I was buying tiles for the nativity puzzle. I had the idea that they might make a sweet touchable nativity for Alfredo. I'd also thought it would make a good gift but we ran out of time to make more.


Alfredo is still working on his. He messed up a little and had to repaint Mary and Joseph's faces. Plus we still need to make their head wraps. But, my goodness, The Baby Jesus's unibrow is so adorable! Can you get over it?

 
I have lots more to show you. I'll take breaks in between the wrapping and the cleaning to share more with you.

4 comments:

Debby said...

I made some just like these one year. They are the cutest. Mine had a painted star on a stick.....wooden thingie, the right word is escaping me. Love yours. I love it because it is touchable.

Judy said...

Beautiful.

Genie said...

Continue to spread joy and love.

livestock exports said...

your articles are always awesome, and the design of your website helps to keep it beautiful.

-------------------------------
fruit exports | legal services for exports | seafood exports