Thursday, November 6, 2008

courage in a bottle

I don't know why...maybe I'm just a sucker. But when I found myself in the homeopathic section of Whole Foods, idly reading labels, I decided that I needed this. It's not really that I am shy or timid. But the claim that this product will "bring courage and calm to face things that frighten or worry you..." well, it's worth a try. You put 2 drops in your drinking water. I'll let you know. *

I missed posting a single thing about voting and the election and the results. I don't typically discuss such things especially since there are some views that I hold that are not always very popular, based in my Faith. I must say though that I'm eager to see what this new day in our country will bring...and I hope that our fine new leader will usher us into this new day with all the energy and enthusiasm of his campaign.

I'm keeping busy, mostly getting ready for Silver Bella. I'll be at Silver Bella on the 15th, when the next update is to be. So I have lots of work to do to get that all ready to go. Unfortunately, sunny days have been few and far between and I have lots of photos to take.

Tomorrow is the Cottage's holiday open house so I'll be there as an auxillary shopgirl...at least in the morning.

In other news, I found the most amazing paper crafts store, right here in Northern Virginia. Goldens Hill Paper Crafts is operated from Ronnie's basement and is only open on Wednesdays (call first to be sure) but it is really a goldmine of paper crafting supplies! She tries to carry products that are not readily available at local scrapbooking or craft stores. And the very best part is that every single price was significantly lower than the regular retail prices!

I went with Hope and Pam and we couldn't have been more pleased with this shopping find. We've already made plans to be regular shoppers!

*I just read that Bach's Mimulus is 27% alcohol. Do you suppose that's the secret to relieve "naturally occurring nervous tension"?

17 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how fun, I love things like that! I wrote down the brand and the name!

Erica Kelly said...

LOL! i believe you just bought a medicine bottle full of pure whiskey. haha love it

Jenna Z said...

We use Bach's Rescue Remedy drops(a combo of several flower essences) for Sully (the Corgi) during thunderstorms and also when we travel to dog shows. I am NOT the kind of person who takes holistic medicine but this really seems to work. Also, if you're concerned about the alcohol, they do make alcohol-free versions of most of the formulas. (For pets and strict teetotalers.)

Anonymous said...

I just got my box of stuff I ordered from you and I LOVE everything in it. I have wanted to order from you for a long time and it just hasn't worked out. So glade I could could this month. I will have fun with it all and hope to get more things from you soon.....THANK you so much!!

Sharon said...

When I first adopted my cats, the one cat in particular was terrified and wouldn't go near me. I started giving the cats the Bach flowers Rescue Remedy by putting it in their water and both of their behavior improved almost improved almost immediately. I've had my doubts about this flower remedy stuff, but seeing it work on animals (and not just my own) makes me think there's something to it.

Anonymous said...

I think that's the secret! We'll miss you tomorrow but see you next week!

Journal Swag said...

Your site is gorgeous!

Everything Stops for Tea said...

perhaps it is the secret? In which case, leave the Bachs and have a whiskey I say!!!

Angela said...

I'd say!! I also hear that you do lots of things after drinking that you would normally never dream of...so be very careful, :)!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I've heard good things about Bach Flower Essences. And there's something to be said about putting your attention on something. If you're doing this little ritual in the hopes of fortifying your courage, then there will automatically be a benefit (she said, ever-so-wisely :)

Good Luck with all of your preparations!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and magazine...I visit it regularly now. I love to sew and craft people say that I should stick to one thing, I say "I am! I am sticking to being creative. LOL.

Lady Dorothy said...

Um, I don't think 27% of 2 drops is going to make a difference in your courage! :-) But, perhaps the flowers will. If it works, I may want to try it!

Nikella said...

Bach Flowers Essences are really supposed to help. Here in Western Europe every mother knows of it and gives it to her children when they are scared of school (it also comes in little pills with no alcohol). People give it to their dogs or cats to calm them down.
Let us know if it works for you!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the Silver Bella Amy! Can't wait to see your posts about it!

xox
Constance

Maija said...

I'll only get worried if you start drinking it by the bottle!
See you in a few days!

Genevieve said...

I wish I had THIS when I went to another's blog whose a "Christian" mind you and many others of like faith post there as well. In saying that, I decided to boldly declare why I DIDN'T vote for "Obama"..ahem..and boy did I get the ax, yep..the ax. I was decapitated by believers. Nope I wasn't rude or obnoxious, just frank. I just don't care for those who legalize and condone killing millions of innocent babies, oh shhhh...don't get me started. sorry.

Slaughtered I was, mangled to pieces. I know better to say anything regarding politics via blogger ever again.

AY CARAMBA!

LillyB said...

Let us know how that works on ya! ahahaha. Have a great weekend!!