Wednesday, February 6, 2008

what's the time?

Here's another project I wanted to share with you.

I used the scalloped circle paper in the Chelsea's Place paper set from Making Memories, the "be inspired everyday" sticker from the same set (how can I not use it when it has one of my taglines on it?!) I also used Brenda Walton's acrylic letter and number stamp set for the numbers. The clockworks are from Michael's and the round base was the top of a box of holiday mugs (you can use the top of a paper mache hatbox)

I glued two of the scalloped circles together to give it some heft. Then I glued the scallop circle to the round box lid.

I covered the hearts with vintage papers and then stamped them with the appropriate numbers. I glued the hearts in place. I stamped the remaining numbers on patches of paper and glued them into place too. (And if I had it to do again, I'd measure and be more exact. I thought it would be whimsical to wing it but it'd be better to have it be more accurate)

I sprayed the entire piece at this point with an acrylic matte finish.

Next I drilled the center and assembled the clockworks.

That's it! Isn't this a fun project? I was inspired to make a clock after receiving the sunshine one from Charlotte Lyons for Baby's room.

18 comments:

One Sweet Life said...

Oh my goodness ... this is beyond fantastic!!! I HAVE TO MAKE ONE!!! :)

the glitter fairy said...

Perfectly wonderful!

Lilli said...

I love Love LOVE this! Love that beautiful blue, and the scallops, and the text, and the hearts, and that lovely red, and the polka dots....

roz_etta@yahoo.com said...

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND TALENTED!

~elaine~

Olympe said...

Waouh ! It's very nice ! It's a good idea ! I think that i will made one for me ! Thanks to share your creativity with us !

Susan said...

Beautiful! I love all the Valentine ideas you have shared! And I said a prayer for you and the visitation yesterday, too.
XO,
Susan

M&Co said...

What an adorable clock! Love it!

Dawn said...

Oh, Amy...that is just the sweetest!!!!!!!!

Yummers! said...

What an adorable clock!! You are creating even with a baby in your home. Good for you. I remember napping and watching TV with one eye open during those years.
Have a fun day!
Joni

hunnybunny said...

Wow that's beautiful. I think I know some little girls that need some for their bedrooms. I've really enjoyed reading about your journey with the baby in the house. Reading what you're going through is a wonderful reminder that there are some truly wonderful people out there still. Thanks for that.

Junie Moon said...

This is the sweetest clock I've ever seen! You did a fantastic job and I love how you explained your process. Thank you for sharing this.

Lisa said...

Totally adorable. Thanks for sharing.

KaReN EiLeeN said...

You ARE so inspiring. I Love to look at all of your little treasures.

Karen Eileen

deb said...

Amy, I just love it! I've been wanting to make a clock too and after seeing both yours and Charlotte's.. hmm.. think I need to do one soon. :) Love those scallops!

Melissa said...

This is too cute. I love it. I have always wanted to make a clock for my little girls' room.

Jean said...

That clock is too pretty! I adore it!

stef & sa belette said...

ooooooooooooo I love it
it's a good idea !
sincerely !

Stef et sa belette
I'm a french woman and my english is not so good but I would like to say to you that is so cute

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看