Wednesday, May 31, 2006


This morning as I was adding sugar and cream to my coffee, I noticed a sticker on his forehead.

I thought it was a regular banana sticker and I chose to ignore this bit of silliness. I mean, what really do you say to a fully-grown, dressed-for-a-business-day man with a banana sticker on his forehead, smiling like a fool? Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer. I said to him rather crabbily "I see the sticker." To which he replied, with the ever growing grin stretched cheek to freckly cheek "I'm just following directions."

I think I will make a new sticker for tomorrow's banana that says something along the lines of "Wait until she's finished her first cup of coffee" or "Bring her home a nice little surprise just for her" or "Say something so nice that she will have to sit down to take it all in."


Chiffon Rose said...

Don't worry Amy, mine would have just had the usual banana sticker and thought it was funny!! Have a great day.

♥ joleen ♥ said...


PS- I *love* your new banner!

Sam said...

Well, that made MY day.. at least he had a reason to put the banana sticker on his forehead, because I've seen plenty of people do it without the specific instructions. ;)

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

french bananas need to find some humor!

moki said...

Love the sticker! But your idea is even better!