Thursday, November 21, 2013

craft fair



I'm getting ready for the craft fair at Alfredo's school this weekend. At the urging of some friends, I signed up for table . My father made rosaries to sell...and I asked sweet Kristen Robinson to make necklaces like the beautiful one she made me. I'm always, always getting compliments on it and people always want to know where I got it. I knew it would be a good thing to offer. She made 10 beautiful necklaces for me to sell. 

So inspired by these two very religious items to sell, I decided to run with it and offer other items with a religious theme.

I set up a table in my family room so I could plan out the displays. Want to see?
 
  
I used kraft wrapping paper with gold stars stamped on it (Dollar Store!) to skirt the table. I'll just use packing tape to tape it along the table top's edge. I had these table runners from my shop years ago. I just cut them in half and hung them along the table front, again using packing tape to secure. I topped the table with some kraft paper printed with scrolls. The nice thing about it is that everything is really sturdy. Sometimes using a cloth, especially a thick one, can make things wobbly.

 
I put my father's rosaries in this flat drawer cabinet. I sorted them by color to make them easy to find. Can you believe these are only $15? And he gives all the money, not just the profit, to his church. Isn't he a sweetie? He's going to be there with me on Saturday, with all of his supplies to make rosaries on the spot.

And how about that sign?


When I saw these chalkboard sandwich signs at Michael's, I knew they'd make great signs! I used white Saral transfer paper to transfer a printout of the sign to the chalkboard. Then I used a white chalk pencil to fill it in. Didn't it turn out great? And it was quick...I did all of these signs in less than an hour!


For the necklace display, I spray painted an old dress mirror frame antique gold. I added a flat board to the bottom for stability. I covered some foam core with osnaburg fabric using spray mount and I just used pins to hold the necklaces.

I put the extra necklaces on a velvet lined tray above. As the necklaces sell, I can consolidate the display to go in the mirror frame.

 
Aren't these necklaces breathtaking? Kristen did such a lovely job...I don't know which is my favorite!


These prayer journals were a fun project. I used those cheap plastic photo albums ($1 from Walmart and the dollar store) and filled them with prayers and scripture readings that I machine-stitched to scrapbook paper cut to 4" x 6".


I have a few more things to make but I think I'm ready! We're going to pick up my parents this afternoon (my sister is meeting us halfway with them).

If you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by St. Timothy Catholic School in Chantilly, Virginia on Saturday. I'll see you there!

11 comments:

marie said...

Your table looks wonderful!
I love the prayer journals...I think I will make something similar for my daughters and daughters-in-law for Christmas.
Thanks for sharing the idea!
I hope your show is very successful.

Amy M. said...

I love the prayer journals! You should do a tutorial or sell them online!

-Amy

Unknown said...

Do I wish I was going to be in Virginia over the weekend? Yes. I do! Best to you. Julie

Debby said...

What a nice display. I like that you are only selling a few different but quality religious items. I love how your dad donates everything including his time and money for charity. I was at a craft/vendor show last week-end. A girl selling books....like the Usborne but a different company. She said that she donates all profits to a different charity every month. How nice is that. Good luck at your sale.

Cherie Wilson said...

love it all! and your heart! Have so much fun:)

Unknown said...

Such lovely items, all beautifully arranged! Inspirational on two levels. ;-)

Jane said...

Beautiful items beautifully displayed! Love the prayer journals!

Unknown said...

Great stuff you have for sale...
Tender Dekho provides you best & Complete list of Tenders in Delhi, Tenders in India, Government tenders, Private Sector tenders, Corporate Tender, and also provides tender Subscription facilities.
Thanks...

Genie said...

Gorgeous. Love that your dad was there with you.

gayle said...

I can't be there but if you have left overs please post!

appu said...

RRB NTPC Result 2016
SSC CGL Result
Happy New Year 2017
IBPS PO Result 2016
GCSE Results Day 2016
SBI PO Result 2016
NTPC Result 2016
NEET 2016 Results
RRB Result
New Year 2017 Wallpaper
Good Morning Quotes
Inspirational Quotes
RRB NTPC Result 2016
Good Morning Wishes
Merry Christmas wishes Christmas wishes
Happy Birthday Wishes
Happy Birthday Messages
Good Morning Quotes