Friday, February 11, 2011

a painted valentine

we painted Valentines this morning...

aren't they colorful?

 For this one, Alfredo directed me on how to make a person
and then he said:
"You're a pretty good painter, Amy, 
but noses are not shaped like the letter L"


Alfredo:
"This is a lady with yellow curly hair 
and some of her hair is covering her eye."

 I especially love the big lips he painted on this one. 
And you can see a peek of his corn on the cob painting here too.

It was so much fun painting with him, 
just enjoying the colors and the mushing about of paint.

Here's a picture of him with his favorite painting that he did:

"It's a fire-breathing dragon fighting lots of persons!"

And I wanted to take a picture of him with my favorite of his paintings.
He was a bit wiggly...



It's a monkey...isn't it adorable? 
(and isn't he adorable?)

And then he wanted to take a picture of me with his favorite painting that I painted:

"I still love it even though the nose is all wrong. Do you know why, Amy?"
"Why?"
"Because you maded it"

Isn't it nice when someone loves something just because you maded it?

12 comments:

Waterfall said...

So much fun! I'm looking forward to the day that I can paint with Miss Anne.

BTW, I still treasure your drawings of the Bunny & Slick bank robbery (do you remember that?), simply because you "maded" them. Well, that, and they're also hilarious. They always make me smile when I happen to find them when going through old gems I'll never throw away. :-)

Anonymous said...

Every time I see Alfredo I just want to pinch his cheeks. He's so lovely! I've enjoyed watching him grow on you blog all the way from Vancouver, Canada. I feel the love you share in your postings. I just subscribed to you SPRING magazine. They have brought me so much joy and inspiration!!!
(hugs to you both)

Leanne said...

he is the sweetest little bumpkin...i always love to see what he's up to. thanks for sharing!

koralee said...

Just adorable...xoxo.

Pretty Things said...

Absolutely fantastic. My son just turned eight, and we're making Valentines this weekend. I treasure these moments, hoping they never end, hoping they'll just morph into more complex crafts as he grows older and I can teach him things that require torches and hammers!

Angela said...

Awwww you have all of our hearts bursting with love over this post! How can you not kiss those sweet cheeks of his every single day? He's getting so big, smart and definitely creative! :)

Tolentreasures said...

He is adorable. Love to see their imaginations at work and love the hair over her eye! How fun!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile!

Dori Patrick said...

Those are gorgeous Valentine's! And what a sweet little punkin to make them with! Great work, guys!

TwoHeartsPath said...

Oh, I do Love all those precious paintings....I would have a hard time picking just one favorite!!! Alfredo is a cutie too...
Thanks for this Great Post....
Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day to you Both!!
Patti

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

He is just so adorable! I'm so glad that you share him with us!
XOXO
Happy Valentine's Day!

Dawn Newsome said...

Cute kid. Really.