Monday, December 13, 2010

a day of comfort & joy

I signed up for Teresa's 12 days of comfort & joy and have been so inspired. Sunday was rainy and cold so after church and breakfast out we settled in for a day at home. Rich watched football. Alfredo played quietly. And I made these cute collages featured in 12 days of comfort & joy...

Teresa's version had an adorable photograph of a baby but I thought I'd make an elf out of Alfredo...

 These photos aren't so great (it's a very grey morning here...)

When I showed my Peppermint Pete to Alfredo he said "Humpty Dumpty!"

When I was done making those two, I made a quick collage using a really wonderful Santa face from vintage gift wrap. Isn't it wonderful? The gift wrap was just one of the many wonderful papers I received in Cristina's A Very Vintage Christmas Ephemera Swap (what a great swap!)

Making these collages reminded me a lot of the collages I made in Lynn Whipple's class at Silver Bella...
My adorable boys!
The photo I used of Alfredo here was just after his first birthday, only a month after we met him. Look how joyful he is! So sweet.
So I lined up all these fun collages on my mantel for a little impromptu gallery...Doesn't it look fun?

21 comments:

Judy said...

So adorable!

I LOVE how you use pictures of YOUR family! Makes everything look so full of love.

Anonymous said...

Peppermint Pete is my favorite, he does look like Humpty Dumpty's long lost cousin!

Unknown said...

oh I love all of the those! i think the one of Rich and Alfredo is my favorite and you could use that one at Valentines Day too!

charlotte said...

love 'em! xoxo

marie said...

Your collages are wonderful ~ Alfredo makes the perfect little elf! The mantel display is beautiful!

marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

just darling!

xo,

annie

Sharon Stanley said...

peppermint pete...just the name is great! very festive line up...well done you!

Dawn said...

Alfredo is an adorable elf!!!!
Love the gallery!

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

Sweet! Loving it!!!

Rachel said...

These all are so cute, what an artist you are!! So creative!

vivian said...

You are the queen of cute dear Amy! your mantal looks sooo adorable with those sweet little collages on it! I hope the rest of the holiday season is filled with wonder and joy for you! i have a brand new teeny tiny grandson, so I know mine will be!
hugs
vivian

Whosyergurl said...

Amy, Love, love, love your cards, the altered photos and your display! So inspiring! (Now, where is my charcoal pencil?)
Warm Hoosier hugs to you,
Cheryl

comedyrocks.com said...

I wish I had just 1% of the talent you have - great work!

Waterfall said...

These are so sweet! Love the ones of Rich and Alfredo! Did you make any of yourself? :-)

Rachel and Pia's Cottage said...

Amy, that picture of Alfredo the elf is just so priceless.....It makes me grin ! Thanks!
Love, Lori

very merry vintage style said...

Oh what a sweet elf he is! love all these crafts!

Unknown said...

How cute, what a great mantel display! Alfredo is darling.

Lisa said...

Oh Amy ~ how precious! Looks like you've been having some fun.
I still haven't finished my collages from Lynn's class but tonight is my last Christmas Party so hopefully I'll have some time this weekend.

druidaccountforsale said...

That's cute! I like the elf and he one with bunny ears he looked adorable in it! Your mini gallery doesn't seem like impromptu at all with all those cute little white trees and nice lights its an art! Enjoy the season!

Julie said...

Thanks for your inspiration. I bought a bunch of little 4-inch canvases yesterday and painted the first one already---had so much fun, thanks to you! Yours are far cuter I have to say, but I loved the process and look forward to making more to create my own little gallery! :)