Friday, December 10, 2010

busy days

Are you wondering what I've been up to? I didn't mean to disappear like that.

I've been teaching a class of 7th-grade girls how to make glitter houses. It's been so much fun! We'll finish them up next week and I'll be sure to take pictures of the houses (I won't be able to post a picture of the girls, of course, but you should see what a sweet group they are!)

And, like the rest of you I'm sure, I'm preparing for Christmas.

Alfredo and I made these little snowmen tins (an idea from my magazine designed by Swirly Designs)  A long time ago Catherine of Red Shoes used Stim-u-dents for snowmen noses (orange, pointy, perfect) and I thought I'd use them instead of toothpicks.

 These are just little gifties to pass out to friends who stop by. We've made 10 so far and this weekend I hope to make 10 more.
We filled them with this delicious candy.

I have another crafty gift I'm making...I'll show you next week. It's so fun!

I'm also working on a top secret project and it's taking everything I've got not to spill it. Truly. And it's such a happy surprise. I don't know when I'll be able to tell you but it's going to be a bit of a while. (I'm like a tea kettle about to whistle!)

15 comments:

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

Oh how sweet, I love them! Your friends will be thrilled to receive these as gifts.
Rebecca

GardenOfDaisies said...

Amy, your snowmen tins are so cute! I"m sure the recipients will love them! And I have to tell you how wonderful your little magazine is! I am truly impressed!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Love your little snowman tins...I bet that Alfredo loved making those with you! Enjoy the Christmas season! We will try not to hold our breath while we wait for your big news!
Take care,
Laura :)

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my goodness....such a sweet treat for the lucky friends that get to visit with you in person! It must have been fun to create with Alfredo and he gets to share the excitement when they are presented!! Great idea...your book rocks!! Happy Weekend xOxO Nerina

mendytexas said...

Hey Amy! It's your "curly hair sister" from Texas! Love your cute snowmen! I've been making some too. I love your hats...need to figure out a hat idea for mine! I'm getting my art camp ideas ready for the girlies. I think I'll use the primo clay this year! Hugs! Mendy

Rose Brier Studio said...

Those are such cute treats! Can't wait to see the photos of the girls' sparkly houses. I received my vintage paper swap package today, thanks for your lovely contribution.
~Marilee

Suz said...

love them, amy! what an adorable project.
love,
suz

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your blog has filled me with the xmas spirit!

Dori Patrick said...

Awww....those are so sweet!

Sharon Stanley said...

oooo so happy you are back....and he tins are divine! i can't wait to see the glitter houses...perhaps you can share how it's done, i've always wanted to try some. and now, you have piqued my interest in the great thing you can't tell!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Those snowmen are the cutest Ive ever seen!

Anonymous said...

as the lucky teacher of the class Amy has been coming to, helping 20 girls make glitter houses--may I say it's been the highlight of the whole year to have you, Amy! :-)
It is so special to see the enthusiasm and excitement of the students. Thank you so much for making this December project so special for the class!
God bless!
Betty

Swirly Designs said...

Amy, We are so thrilled to see your interpretation of our little snowman gift tins. Great job!
Have a Swirly Holiday!
Lianne & Paul

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the nose idea. I am making a cone snowman with my GS and wondered what I could use for a nose! This is just perfect. Do you teach your glitter house class online?

Pretty Things said...

Those. are. adorable.