Sunday, January 31, 2010

valentines!

We took advantage of a snowy day yesterday to make our Valentines. I was going to try to make something very crafty, very hands-on but I realized quickly that we needed something quick and easy.



I bought this set of die-cuts by K and Co from Michael's (along with the matching paper pad and some brightly colored notecards). With a glue stick in hand, we cranked them out. It was just the right project for him...quick with stunning results.


He's so proud of them. We just sealed up the last of the envelopes for this batch. Next we have to make some for his little friends and family.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Making valentines with children is just the best! And you're so right about making something that gives good results AND is quick. They love that. I'm so glad you are having such fun with Alfredo and sharing it with us. Cheers - Kathy

Suz said...

Amy, they are so cute! What a clever idea! I was always on the lookout for "quick and dirty" projects when I was a school psych. Nothing makes a kid feel better than creating something they know looks good....and they DO know.

Anonymous said...

Amy I'm holding in my laugh because I bought something for your valentine from the same line! I think we have some of the same taste. Plus I thought Alfredo would like animals. Cute! .... Angela

Bryanna Lenan said...

How adorable!! xo Bryanna

gwen said...

oh my gosh, these are so cute!
I'd like to see how the robot lady ended up...

Anonymous said...

Perfect for your little one!

Marti in Franklin, Indiana

Beats and Vibes said...

Hi amy, i didnt know another way to contact you so i am posting a comment. i found the instructions to your memory candles a while back and i loved the idea! i just went back to refresh what you did and i wasn't able to see the blog. do you know how i would be able to read your instructions and post? thanks!

Stevie said...

Oh my goodness! I just love this line.

The French Bear said...

He is just precious, I am so happy to see him having fun with his Momma!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Unknown said...

Those are so so sweet! Isn't it fun to make things with him? I'm afraid your Valentines are just too young though for my kids now-- darn. Maybe I need to go hunt at Michaels anyway. Thanks for the inspiration