Monday, November 2, 2009

week in review....and something new


Alfredo's family (whom we really consider our own) arrived on Wednesday morning after flying all night. I had assumed that Wednesday would be a quiet day for them, resting and visiting.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Even though nobody was able to sleep on the plane through the night, not even 3 year old Joel, they were ready to hit the town the very moment they arrived.

If I gave you a play-by-play of the week, you'd be exhausted just reading it. Trust me. We stayed plenty busy. It's hard to believe it was just 3 days...we packed so much in there. In between all the touristy things we did, we prepared feasts of meals and talked about all sorts of things.

One thing we talked about was the idea that they would move here, to Virginia. The idea is still in the preliminary stages but it just makes so much sense to all of us. If it were to happen, Alfredo would have all of his family, including us, as part of his daily life. He'd have the structure of our daily life yet his father and family would be very much a part of his life.

There are all sorts of details and complications to work through. Unfortunately for us, if it doesn't work out, Alfredo will be bound for California in December. And we will wait as patiently as we can for the time when he would return to us in late spring. It breaks my heart to even think of it. Instead, I'm doing two things...I'm working hard to make this new plan work out, for everyone to be here. Secondly, I'm treasuring these moments with Alfredo, taking extra time to cuddle and read stories and play, and being grateful for the gift of this time with him.

Halloween night was wet and cold and our little Rhino loved trick or treating. After the 10th house, he declared that he had enough candy. We returned home and he happily shared his bounty with us as we watched television and, on occasion, handed out candy to sopping wet vampires and ghouls and Hannah Montanas.

Yesterday and today I have playing a bit with a new-to-me fabulous crafting material. I made the bird and nest in the piece pictured out of it and I'm already dreaming up new and fun ways to use it.

Best of all, I'm so excited to share it with you through my new OpenSky store, hopefully this week.

18 comments:

charlotte said...

Okay, you MUST let all of us know how we can help you with this new move-here idea. What has to be done, what can we do? Tell us! xoxo

Patty said...

Another little bird and I am bird crazy - the colors are beautiful ! I am praying it all works out for all of you !

Jill said...

Will be sending lots of extra prayers your way!!!
Many Blessings!
Jill

Suz said...

Oh, Amy,
You are in my prayers, as well.
Love,
Suz

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said...

Amy, I know I am in MI and probably can't do anything to help, but pray. Please email me if I can do anything to help.

Jennie

cindie said...

Will pray that it can work out so that Alfredo can have the best of all worlds...

Jill said...

It sounds like a win-win for everyone if they move near. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Loooove the bird-- such beautiful colors!
Hugs,
Jill

Lisa said...

Love the little bird! So cute!

Alfredo is so lucky to have so many people that love him. Praying it works out so everyone is happy.

Kathy said...

Amy, you have a heart the size of Texas. Alfredo is that little bird. Flitting back and forth bringing love and joy to all. I too, will keep you in my prayers.

Kathy in Chicago

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Hi Amy

I am praying that Alfredo's 'other' family will be able to move to Virginia. I know how much it would mean to you.

Love your new little bird! Very cute!

Judy said...

Can't wait to hear how God has ALREADY worked this out for ALL of you.

Time will tell.

Praying...

karen said...

keeping my fingers crossed and wishing all the best for you and your family for whatever happens

Robin said...

oh Amy wouldn't life be so sweet if that were to happen? I know you will work your magic to try to make this possible. I'm hoping and praying that it all works out for you and Alfredo's west coast family too.
Robin

Saucy said...

*fingers and toes crossed*

April@MySacredSojourn said...

Wow! What a wonderful thing that could be for you *all*! And especially Alfredo...what a very special little boy, to have so many people who love him so dearly. I hope that he knows just how much he is loved! I am praying that God prepares the way for his family to move there!

natalea said...

I know everything will work out Amy! I'm thinking of you. Enjoy that little sweetie every second!
xo natalea

Gigi said...

Yes, what Saucy said.

Journal Swag said...

I am praying for this move to Virginia. It sounds perfect for all of you! Great idea! Everyone wins!! I love that.

Hugs,
Sheila