Monday, October 26, 2009

house-work

I'm back from a wonderful crafting weekend at Charlotte's. We had such a wonderful time being spoiled with gourmet food prepared lovingly by her friend Suzanne and crafting elbow to elbow. It was perfect and we all agreed we'd come back again for the next event she plans. I hope you'll join us too...
My house is definitely a work-in-progress. I love it so much though and can't wait to jump on it again. But alas, I have to wait...

I've shifted gears to getting the house ready for our important house guests. I'm so excited and nervous and eager. More than anything I want them to feel comfortable and welcome and loved. I have to remember that maybe a stack of junk on the counter isn't as important as me feeling relaxed, rested and calm.

So while I'm running around cleaning up, Alfredo is adding his own touches to the decor...
Unfortunately, this little miss has a broken arm now. She's just not meant to be wrangling pigs...
not at her age.

Although I was disappointed I couldn't be sore with him. I had after all placed her well within his reach and had even photographed what he'd arranged. So how could I scold him when he came to me with one of her arms in his little hand saying "Amy, your little girl doesn't work anymore so we have to throw her away!"

Oh dear.

I hope you're having a marvelous Monday, my friends.

5 comments:

bugamingo said...

hahahahahaha! he knew what your pretty little girl needed! he's so dang adorable!

Sue M said...

Spoken like a true mommy!

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Ohhh Amy - your little home is too adorable..and it was pleasure & lots of fun meeting everyone & creating all our little homes...

And I must say I love Alfredo little touches here & there... Have a wonderful time with his family... I know that they will have a great time with you Rich &&&& Alfredo...

Have a honey of a day - may sweet things come your way! grace peace joy & many blessings 2 U, Marlene

PS See you soon..

Unknown said...

The house is so your style! My kids have broken many art pieces in my home. They are just so curious and want to touch all the time :) Good luck with the visit from Alfredo's Grand Parents!

Sandy xox

Prancing Pixie Studio said...

So honest of him to come and tell you and to not just hide it...Yesterday afternoon I found that one of my daycare littles had placed a plastic ice cream cone in front of a jack 0 lanturn candle that had his mouth open wide. I guess they thought Jack wanted a lick!
Blessings~LillySue & Holly