Tuesday, January 6, 2009

next week!

Next week we leave to visit Baby for his second birthday. We can't wait. We have no idea what to expect...whether he'll come to us or need to warm up. In my dreams, he comes running into our arms and we hold him as if we never let him go.

We miss him so much but we're doing so much better than a couple of months ago. The ache is still there and we still cry often, especially when we think of how beautiful our life was with him.

We are preparing our home for more children to visit us soon. There's something HUGE in the works but it's too early to talk about yet. You won't believe me when I tell you. Seriously.

p.s. The font I used for my parents' golden anniversary invitations (which I'm still putting together!) is Chopin Script. The secret is to vary the size of some of the initial caps.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best on your new journey, both with new little ones and one who has already found love in your own. I am sure the birthday will go just dandy-after all, it's a celebration for a life you gave a "second chance" and protected under your wing, if only for just a bit.

Donna
buggaboosmommy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhh weeee! baby's birthday! thanks for the font tip....i was wondering also! can't wait to hear the BIG NEWS!! yippee skippy! blessings!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Oh, dear Amy, I wish you and Rich a houseful of joy and laughter and love...and babies. Lots and lots of babies. Bless you both....

Wanda said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with Baby....I think you will always be a part of his life. I can't wait to hear what the big news is...it is going to be grand though. :)

Heidi said...

He'll love you with all his heart! Enjoy the visit! AND something big is in the WORKS??? OH my...you're making me sit on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what it could be!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Anonymous said...

I pray his love is evident in his eyes. And that your heart knows without a doubt that you will live within him forever.
Solid ground
pure love
undending joy
Take roots that time cannot let go.
I hope a bundle of love comes again soon to your home and arms.
I pray this for you .
XX

Amy M. said...

How wonderful! Safe trip and best wishes for a wonderful visit. I'll be looking for you!!!

-Amy from Petaluma

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I know your visit will go well. Your hearts know each other. I can't wait to find out what the new huge "thing" is in the works. I would totally believe you;)
xoxo
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful visit with Baby! So glad to hear that your hearts are healing. Can't wait to hear about your new adventure.

Anonymous said...

Something HUGE in the works....Oh, My! :) Best wishes!