Monday, March 10, 2008
My friend Pam tagged me. She's asked me to share 7 random things about mothering.
1. The cd player in the car is currently loaded with toddler singalongs and lullabyes. My favorite is a cd of lullabyes sung by Judy Collins...the voice of an angel!
2. I've scarcely watched the news or heard the weather report since Baby arrived. I have to step out my door, seriously, to know if it's cold enough for a coat or whether just a jacket might do.
3. Baby knows us as "Amy" and "Rich"...since he will most likely be going back to his mother we didn't want to confuse him further by referring to ourselves as Mommy and Daddy.
4. People often do a double take when they see me pushing Baby in a grocery cart. You see, Baby and I don't share the same ethnicity. People are plainly confused by this. You'd think since we live in such a culturally diverse area people would be a little more, uh, sophisticated. But, alas...stares and confusion and silly remarks.
5. I had a bit of a lesson in humility when I had to take Baby to the Department of Health for his immunizations. The closest I can come to how it felt was spending the day at the DMV...so just imagine taking a baby to the DMV, waiting what feels like an eternity in a crowded, dirty, and noisy room with rows of chairs, waiting and waiting and waiting for your number to be called.
6. I have a string of lights above my mantel that are connected to "The Clapper". You know..."clap on...clap off...clap on, clap off...the clapper!" I demonstrated to Baby how it works and it quickly became his favorite activity. If you ask him now, in any room, to turn on the lights, bless his heart, he claps his hands. I bet the inventor of "The Clapper" would be happy to see that.
7. I am inspired by the graphics I see on Noggin. Go here and watch the one called "Everywhere I Go" by Moose and Zee to see my very favorite. I bet you'll love it too...and the song is the "singy-est!" (The graphic at the top of the post is from that video)