Sunday, April 28, 2013

update: the little room

I thought I'd give you a little update on the "little room". It's now properly and fully installed in the chalkboard wall! We had a lot of problems, including installing a light that would turn on when you open the little door.

Want to see?

 
I added this cute red coffee table, a purchase from my friend, Magpie Ethel's vintage finds Etsy shop. I can decorate the little room by removing it from its insert in the wall but the problem is that lots of little things, like the reading glasses, fall and get lost easily. This time, I used the smallest dab of glue to hold things down.

 
This sweet basket is from one of the Club Little House swaps. I can't remember though whose creation it is...but I am thinking it would be great fun to do another Club Little House swap*. What do you think? You in?

 
 
I framed a whole bunch of little images. The "Our Happy Home" one is actually a sticker from one of Brenda Walton's paper collections from a while ago. Isn't it adorable? Other images are cut from magazines and catalogs. The little glass vase on the fireplace is a miniature perfume bottle. 

 
You can hardly see this corner of the room because it is behind the door. A stack of magazines and a book add to the realism, don't you think? And I love that phone! 

 
 
I made some frames from Dresden. The framed dog, an image I found in a magazine, is framed with strips of Dresden cut and assembled as a frame. 
 


 
The two framed images shown above were made from floral Dresden layered over scrapbook paper. The roses picture is framed with an old tintype frame.

 
I made the sandwich on the button plate for one of the very first Club Little House exchanges...maybe even the first. 

 
I think I've shown you these before but the Lincoln log house and the elephant pull toy were made from kits found here.
 
*It's been so long since a Club Little House swap, maybe I need to tell you about it. It's a swap or gift exchange where each participant makes a dozen of the same little thing. Everything gets mailed to me and then I organize boxes of 12 different tiny dollhouse miniatures for each Club Little House member. It was enormously popular and so much fun. But it was a little crazy to organize. A bit time consuming. But perhaps we could do another soon...what do you think? It would make a fun mother-child summer project!

17 comments:

Angie said...

Soo so cute... love miniatures. I must get back at mine too. So little time, so many interests! ;)

Jen Kershner said...

Amy,
My Emma and I would love to be a part of Club Little House. I remember back in the early days of blogging when you used to do it and I was always amazed at the creations. Em has had her own dollhouse for a few years now and is completely OBSESSED with it and this would be such a great experience for both of us. So count us in! And if you end up with 2 open spots maybe we could have 2 because I know perfectly well she is not going to share her little treasures with me!

Gretchen said...

I think this would be a great swap.

Lynne said...

I'd enjoy doing it again!

Tracy VT said...

I'd like to move in! My glasses are even on the table! Terrific details!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

The details on your little world are absolutely adorable with a capital "A". The little red table is right at home..perfect. (thank you)

vivian said...

Amy, I LOVE this little room. HOw awesome! Someone else in blogland also has one that I've seen... I sooo want to do one too.. Im going to be obsessing about this now!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Amy M. said...

I would love to crawl inside there and hang out for awhile. So sweet and cozy!!! It seems like no one does swaps anymore and I miss them!!!!

Cherie Wilson said...

Such a fun post Amy! Love seeing from your little eye scape. Hope Alredo is well and you are enjoying Spring! XO

Lucy said...

Hi Amy! I would love to participate in the swap...if you do it in the summer. My former neighbor threw an old dollhouse in the garbage I just had to rescue it. I hope to spend time this summer rehabbing it! :) I found you on Instagram via Cherie. One of these days I'll post a photo of my dollhouse.

XO, Lucy

claudine hellmuth said...

this is amazing Amy!! I love love love it!!! I would love to do another club little house swap one day!!

Rachel and Pia's Cottage said...

It's incredible and I want one too! Can you take a pic from the outside showing the wall a bit with the door? You are so clever!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is enchanting, please count me in too!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Wow, that's amazing and awesome! I'm inspired to make my own, but it wouldn't be as nice, so I'll just enjoy yours. :D

Pretty Girl said...

I would love to joint a swap if you have one.

Unknown said...

You must have a great camera cause I can't get that close when photographing my doll house. I would love to join the swap! Happy belated anniversary to you and your man!

Sandy xox

Anonymous said...

I adore your miniature little world! The couch and coffee table are my favorites. I collected miniatures growing up, and I even made a dollhouse from a kit. I loved picking out the wallpaper and adding all the details. Then when I went to college, it all got packed-up. You've inspired me to go dig it all out of storage!