Friday, March 10, 2006

happy home...

Did you catch Jenny B's dollhouse makeover? Mama mia! I love it.

I am so inspired to make a little pink house of my own. So today I found this sweet tiny cottage for only $12!

It's just a kit but I think since it is so small I should be able to handle it. I am so taken with the idea of creating such a sweet little house. It's not going to be fussy and "don't touch!" you know what I mean?

It will be pink, no doubt. And will have a picket fence and window boxes like Jenny's.

Inside the walls will be covered with something like this:

I'm so excited. When I was little I had an issue of Holly Hobbie's magazine (I can't find anything about this magazine anywhere but it was wonderful. I remember that it had a picture of a little girl in a tree swing with long pigtails.) There was an article in the magazine about making a real miniature garden. It was wonderful with tiny little baby lettuces. I can see it now in my mind's eye. Oh, I wish I could find that magazine. Wouldn't it be fun to have a real garden with a real miniature harvest? Isn't it scary how carried away I'm getting? :)


*jenny said...

Hey thanks! Your little cottage will be so adorable! I love that wallpaper design, cute and retro at the same time. Can't wait to see it completed!

Alicia said...

I want to make one too! And I'm going to keep it for me, just me!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was wondering if you would mind sharing where you found that little doll house kit? That is about the right size for me too!
Thanks so much!

AnastasiaC said...

Oh that is so inspiring!! I want one too.
I love Holly Hobbie's illustrations - I have some of her books but have never heard of her having a magazine (that would be a cool find indeed!) this post brings back sweet childhood memories!

Liesl said...

Where did you find that amazing wallpaper? It's really amazing.

Amy said...

Hi everyone. Here's a link for the dollhouse since I bought mine from an ebay auction.
The wallpaper is really scrapbook paper. Here's a link to the company that makes it.
I bought it from a really wonderful paper arts store called Cami's Paperie.